Database Operating Systems Laboratory
About Database Operating Systems (DBOS) Lab.
- The primary research focus of DBOS Lab. is to design and build database operating systems that would survive upcoming computing paradigms (e.g., serverless computing in cloud computing) and hardware technologies (e.g., non-volatile memory and massive cores).
Research topics include:
- Database systems (e.g., MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL engines)
- Operating systems (e.g., Linux)
- Serverless computing architecture in the cloud computing (e.g., AWS Lambda)
- Hybrid Transactional/Analytical Processing DBMS
Database Operating Systems (DBOS) Laboratory looks for undergraduate interns, graduate students, and post-docs.
Feel free to contact Prof. Hyungsoo Jung (email@example.com) if you have the right skills and relevant interests in any research topic.
*** For those who seek undergraduate intern positions, I strongly recommend you to take “Database Management Systems,” “Operating Systems,” and “Concurrent Programming” classes before contacting me. Taking “Concurrent Programming” is a big plus to undertake a research project in our lab since it would take enormous effort to design complex systems while learning the subject itself without having relevant knowledge.